Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
Broadcast Messages to Attendees
Updated: January 29, 2021
Follow this step-by-step walkthrough to learn how to broadcast a message to attendees during the conference.
1. Navigate to the Operations Console from your Administer menu. Choose Broadcast from the buttons at the top of the page.
2. Customize your message to fit your needs. Enjoy the full spread of text, image, linking, and HTML capabilities offered. (Navigate to View > Source Code in the text area to see your code.)
3. If you prefer to start from a current draft, choose your message from the “Paste from Library” dropdown menu.
4. Target the message to attendees to a specific location or choose to send it venue wide. Here, you can also choose a background color by clicking the color wheel.
5. Click the Schedule box to choose a specific broadcast time, or choose a time before or after a specific session.
6. When ready, you can preview your message, schedule it for broadcasting, or add it to your library.
Caution: Keep any images below a 775-pixel width, as a wider image will be cut off in the message frame.
7. Navigate to the Library tab to see all drafted and/or scheduled messages. Every time you edit a message in the library, it will create a copy.
Tip: If you have multiple similar messages to broadcast, save one to your library and pull it from the dropdown menu as an easy template! Or if you prefer, press the Copy icon next to the message in the library to edit.
Click the Eye icon to preview your message or the X to delete it.
8. Test out the Scheduled tab to see messages that will go out soon!
Tip: We recommend spacing out your messages over the course of the event to not overwhelm your attendees and avoid a message pileup for attendees that have temporarily stepped away from their computer or mobile device.
9. Finally, head to the Sent tab to see messages that have already been broadcasted. Hover over the message to reveal the Eye icon. This will allow you to preview the message.
Note: Attendees logging into your venue will not see previous messages sent out before they entered.
You will now be able to schedule and display messages for some or all of your attendees during the duration of the conference.
Still have questions? Visit the Engagez Support venue or email us at email@example.com. If you’ve purchased an implementation package, please contact your implementation representative through Skype or email.