Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
Attendee User Guide
Updated: May 3, 2021
Welcome to the Engagez platform! We are a virtual conferencing platform that will be hosting your upcoming event. Follow along for some tips and tricks for using the platform as well as our responses to your FAQs.
Tips and Tricks
1. The platform is often best viewed on a desktop or laptop. Please use Chrome or Firefox to access the conference as it provides the best and most reliable experience throughout the conference.
2. The image you see below is a sample image of what an Entrance page can look like. This is the place you will be brought to when you click on the event link. This is also the location where you can register if you are not registered or sign-in.
Note: Each conference may choose to customize the layout and background design of its venue; however, many of the buttons and tools will still function the same.
To sign-in, you’ll need to use the email address used during your registration. You may also see the option to sing-in with LinkedIn, Facebook, or Salesforce. If your event requires a password to access, the password will either be set by you during the time of registration or given to you in an email sent out by the conference organizer.
If you have logged in before but have forgotten your password, click Reset Password. An email will be sent to you which will allow you to reset your password.
If you have not registered for the conference, please click Register Here. This will bring you to the registration form where you will be able to sign up.
3. Once you have logged in, one of two things will happen. If the conference venue is not open yet, you will see a message that says when the venue will be open to explore. If the venue is open, you will be brought to the home/lobby page. Here is a sample of a lobby. Again, most of these will be customized to your event’s theme.
4. Once you are logged in to the platform, you can customize your profile. Click on the icon in the upper righthand corner of your screen. Then click the dropdown menu. Next, click Profile/Account.
Then a pop-up will appear with your current account/profile details. Click Edit Profile.
This is where you can edit your name, last name, add a profile picture, as well as filling out a brief bio, your job title, and your social media links.
To change your password, you need to click Edit Account.
This is also where you can update your email settings to choose to opt in or opt out of conference communications.
5. Most panels on any location, such as the lobby, as clickable and will help you interact and navigate the conference. However, as an attendee, the most important tools for you will be featured at the top of the page. Below is an example of the Menu bar. The Menu bar allows you to navigate to different locations like the Social Lounge, the Partner Showcase, and more. To go to one of the listed locations, click on the name of the location.
6. To view the calendar and any upcoming sessions, you’ll navigate to the Sessions page.
Click on a session to view more information such as a description and see the list of speakers. When a session is live, you will see the option to attend that session.
You’ll see a video and an interaction panel. In the interaction panel, you can pose questions, ask comments, take notes, and answer surveys and polls if they are available.
7. To interact with other attendees, you can head to the Social Lounge.
Here, you can view a list of current attendees. If you are looking for a specific person to interact with you can use the Sort By filter, which allows you to sort attendees by last name, country, or company. Or you can use the magnifying glass icon to search for a specific person.
The Social Wall is where you can post a message, ask a question, or reply to someone else’s comment!
8. If your event is choosing to award points for certain interactions, you can view the top scorers as well as your own score in the Leadership Board. If you want to view your scoring activities, click on Show Scoring Activities underneath your profile and name. You can also view the rules for getting points by click on Competition Rules.
9. Depending on your conference, you may be able to further interact with attendees. Click on the profile of the person you would like to interact with. Here, you can see their profile with any information that they have chosen to include.
You’ll see a grey dot and the words OFFLINE when someone is not currently online. When they are online, you will see a green dot next to their picture. You can send them a message in the platform by clicking on Message. If you want to schedule a time to chat with them face-to-face, click on the book a meeting option. This lets you send a meeting request to the person with a message and a way to list available times.
Still have questions? Visit the Engagez Support venue or email us at email@example.com. If you’ve purchased an implementation package, please contact your implementation representative through Skype or email.