Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
Updated: November 25, 2020
Emails are a great way to remind attendees about the upcoming event. Follow along for a step-by-step walkthrough on creating and editing emails within the platform.
1. Open your venue and head to Emails under the Administer tab.
2. On this page, you will find a list of preloaded emails that you can turn ON and customize. Or you can create a completely new one. You can edit any preexisting email by clicking the pencil icon. For emails that are not preloaded by Engagez, any email you create can be deleted by clicking the red X.
3. You have Invitation Emails to invite Attendees to a Session.
Here, you can choose which session you will be inviting users to attend, who it is from, who it will be sent to (this can be all Attendees, certain Attendees, or even specifically selected emails), the subject of the email, and the text within the email.
4. The email templates listed under Automatic Emails are the most commonly used. This section includes Registration Confirmation to send to attendees upon registering for the event, Venue Reminders for when the venue will be open to explore, and Session start time reminders.
For Reminder Emails, you can choose a set time for them to be sent out automatically, instead of sending them out manually. Most people choose to send them one week before the venue opens, one day before, one hour before, and 15 minutes before.
5. All of these emails can be completely customized. You can include HTML and use the available variable listed in grey beneath the email text box. You can also add links to your venue as well as images and graphics.
6. Once you have your email all set up, you can add the Add to Calendar feature.
Note: To learn more about the Add to Calendar feature, check out our article here.
7. Lastly, you can preview the email by sending it to an email address or several email addresses.
Still have questions? Visit the Engagez Support venue or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’ve purchased an implementation package, please contact your implementation representative through Skype or email.