Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
Create a Leaderboard and Add Points
Updated: March 19, 2021
Create a Leaderboard and Add Points
The Social Lounge panel can be added to any location in your venue, giving your attendees an opportunity to network with one another and compete for prizes with a point system you define.
To begin, we will go over adding in and using the Social Lounge panel. Then, we will walk you through step-by-step instructions on setting up gamification within the platform.
1. Admins have the ability to add Social Lounge panels to any location. First go to UI Design > Location dropdown > Add > Social Lounge.
Note: You now have the ability to display multiple Social Lounge panels within one location. For example, this allows you to have one Social Lounge panel display the Social Wall and another panel display the Attendee List.
2. Once you have added a Social Lounge panel to the location of your choice, you can now customize what social features it displays. Click UI Design > Social Lounge Panel > Configure Content.
The Configure Content menu will pull up various items that you can choose to turn on or turn off for each individual Social Lounge panel. Some of these options include adding a list of current Attendees, displaying a Social Wall, (which will act like a discussion board that users can respond to and post comments,) and embedding a Twitter feed.
Note: The Configure Content menu is where you will enable the Leaderboard.
3. Once you have enabled the Leadership Board on the Configure Content menu, you can now customize the point values assigned to certain activities in two places. The first place to configure points is directly within the Leadership Board panel. On the Social Lounge panel, there will be a menu icon. Click the menu > Configure Game Rules.
4. This will pull up an area for you to customize points. You can assign points for attending a Session (and requiring a duration spent in the Session), viewing a Resource, or for messaging Staff and Speakers. Points are assigned on a scale from 0-5 with 0 being the lowest score and 5 points begin the highest score for completing an activity.
5. Here, you can also choose to exclude certain individuals like Admins or Contributors or exclude people by Access Group. You can also choose how many top scorers to display on the Leadership Board.
6. If you would like to display the competition rules or the prizes offered, you can display them using a static page. To add in a new Static Page, go to Administer > Static Pages > Add New Static Page.
Once you have created a new static page, you can give it a title. In the body of the static page, you will write down the competition rules. Then hit Publish.
To attach this static page to the leadership board, go back to the Configure Content menu. At the bottom, you will see an option to assign the Competition Rules to the Static Page of your choice.
Your Static Page will now appear in two places. The first place will be in the Leadership Board.
When you click on Competition Rules, it will pull up a pop-up with all the instructions you wrote in your Static Page.
The second place your Static Page will appear is in the Menu bar. If you would like to disable this pop-up in the menu go to UI Design > Menu > Configure Menu.
Then scroll down to the Pop-Up Menu Items section. Turn off the page you just created. In this case, I called my static page Competition Rules. Then click Submit.
7. The second place you can configure gamification points is under Analytics. Go to Administer > Analytics > Attendees.
Then click on Customize Activities Score right above the Export Attendees Data button.
Caution: This will pull up the same menu as Configure Content, but here you will not have the ability to exclude certain individuals or Access Groups or display Competition rules on a Static Page.
8. This is where you can see the most active attendees from the backend as well as view their activity within the platform. To generate a report on a specific individual, click Report on Attendee then type in the name of the individual you are looking for.
This will generate a report on their interactions as well as give you their score for the competition.
9. Now that you have set up your competition rules and turned on your Leadership Board, let’s take a look at how it will appear to attendees.
This Leadership Board is currently displaying the top 5 attendees and has ribbons next to the names of the top 3 individuals. If you click on Competition Rules, it will automatically pull up your Static Page and display the guidelines for attendees.
Still have questions? Visit the Engagez Support venue or email us at email@example.com. If you’ve purchased an implementation package, please contact your implementation representative through Skype or email.