Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
Module 6: Entrance
Updated: December 3, 2020
Welcome to Module 6: Entrance. In this Engagez Fundamentals video, our virtual assistant, Katie, will teach you to customize the Entrance page in the Engagez Platform.
1. Open your venue and click on the Administer tab. Then choose Entrance.
2. This is the only attendee-facing and front-end page you will see on the Administer tab.
3. In order to change anything, we will have to go through the backend of the platform. To begin, click on the UI Design tab.
4. Click on the text panel welcoming attendees to the venue. Then from the dropdown menu, choose Edit Style.
Once the edit panel is open, you will see that this text panel uses the same variable as Emails. Here, the variable %venue_name will auto-populate the name of the event.
You can also add a specific URL if you do not want to use the venue URL. Make sure to click Open URL in a new tab.
Note: Without a URL in the URL text box, the text panel will not be a clickable link.
5. Another feature you can edit on the Entrance page is the Sign In panel. From the dropdown menu, choose Edit Style to customize the design. Engagez also has options to Sign In with LinkedIn, which can be configured in Administer > Registration / Sign In.
6. If you choose to create a registration page outside Engagez, you can link it in the Sign In panel and the phrase Not Registered? will redirect to your personal registration site. Open the Edit Style of the panel and scroll to the Not Registered Text.
If you are familiar with HTML code, you can adjust as needed to link to your own registration page. If you are not familiar with HTML, look for the variables called %registration_URL and the %reset_password_url. Instead of these variables, you will place the actual links to your registration page.
Once you are finished, remember to click Save.
Still have questions? Visit the Engagez Support venue or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’ve purchased an implementation package, please contact your implementation representative through Skype or email.