Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
Module 7a: Attendees
Updated: December 3, 2020
Welcome to Module 7a: Attendees, in our Engagez Fundamentals Series. In this article, our virtual assistant, Katie, will be walking us through the first half of using the Attendees page under the Administer tab.
Edit Personal Profile
1. Any Attendee can edit their Profile. To do so, click the profile icon in the upper right-hand corner. From the dropdown menu, choose Profile/Account.
Next, click Edit Profile.
Here, Attendees can customize their accounts to include additional information not added during the registration process.
They can also edit their account by clicking Edit Account. They can change their password here if necessary.
Edit Profile as an Admin
2. If an Attendee is having trouble logging in, you can manually reset their password. Under the Administer tab, click Attendees.
Next, locate their profile and click the dropdown menu next to their name. Then click Edit Profile.
Caution: We do not recommend using the Delete button unless the user has another account and this account is outdated or otherwise causing problems (such as a misspelled email). You will lose all analytics associated with the account when you delete it.
Here in the Edit Attendee Profile, you can manually reset their password by typing in a new password in the Password section. When finished, scroll to the bottom and click Save.
Note: For all passwords on the Engagez platform, they must be at least 8 characters in length and include one number. Example: password1
3. The Attendees page has useful tools that allow you to change the profile of the user. Staff designates users as Venue Staff Members, meaning they will appear in any Interaction Panel at the venue level. At the Exhibitor level (within a booth), Staff means they are an Exhibitor and will appear in the Interaction panel only within their booth.
Badge designates the Speaker role. Someone must be labeled Speaker to be added as a speaker to a particular session.
Finally, there is a Role designation. This allows you to change a user to Admin, Contributor, or Member. For more information about the differences between these three roles, be sure to check out our articles on the Engagez Knowledge Base.
4. If you want to take a user out of your venue, but not necessarily delete their profile entirely, click the unsubscribe button under Role.
5. If you want to give a user more access to various spaces within the venue, you can assign them to a certain access group under the option Access Groups. Any session, resource, or page limited to an access group is only available to attendees listed in that access group.
Tip: This feature can be used to give certain Attendees a VIP experience based on the ticket they purchase. You can designate a ticket to automatically attach registrants to an access group in Administer > Registration / Sign In. The access group must already be created to add it to the ticket.
Note: Admins will see all content published regardless of their access group affiliation.
6. In order to create new Access Groups, you can either Import them along with the attendees or you can manually add them in the Manage Access Groups area.
Within Manage Access Groups, add new groups at the bottom and separate them with a comma. You can auto-assign any group to all attendees or those with particular email domains. You can also delete or change any access group by clicking the dropdown menu next to Actions.
Add New Attendees as an Admin
7. Now we will be exploring how to add individual Attendees. To begin, click Add.
If you want to add a particular attendee and you believe that they have participated in an Engagez event before, you can type their email here or enter the email domain.
If you search by the email domain, everyone in the Engagez platform with that email domain will appear. From here, you can assign or change their Staff, Badge, and Role features. Make sure to click the check box next to their name and hit Add when you are finished.
If the person does not show up on this list, you can register them with the platform by clicking Register New Attendee. The only information that are required here are the first name, last name, and email address. The user id will auto-generate based on the information placed in the first and last name fields. The User IDs cannot be changed after account creation.
Here, you can also change a user’s Staff, Badge, and Role beneath all the text fields. This is a great way to quickly add Admins.
Note: The email address is the only differentiator between one account and another. If an email address is spelled incorrectly and you have a second account with the correct spelling, you may want to delete the account associated with the incorrect email.
8. To import Attendees, click Import.
On the Engagez Support Page, we have a useful group of documents that will show you exactly what you need to import Attendees of a certain type in a folder called Sample Upload Files.
You can also click Export under Manage Attendees to directly use the attendee list provided. You can then add attendees or modify your current list and Import it.
The system characterizes Attendees who are already in the system as Warnings when you import. Warnings are not Errors and the system will upload all sers with warnings. If there is an Error, you will have to go back and make sure every account has an email associated.
Check Ignore First Line to disregard column headers. Send Registration Confirmation Emails if you want to give attendees immediate access to the venue address.
9. You can see past imports by clicking Past Imports. These will show you the record of the number of Attendees that were imported along with the number of imports that were successful.
Warning: Deleting a batch using the Delete Batch button will unsubscribe all associated accounts from the attendee list, not revert the attendee list to an older import. Do not do this unless your venue is closed and you have no activity information associated with the accounts.
If you see a number that is smaller than the batch you imported, you will want to go back and check to make sure that there were not any duplicate emails. You will see whether people have logged in by looking at the Sign In area.
Caution: Make sure not to put yourself in Attendee or Contributor status if you intend on remaining an Admin.
Still have questions? Visit the Engagez Support venue or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’ve purchased an implementation package, please contact your implementation representative through Skype or email.