Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
Video Chats: Share your Screen
Updated: November 24, 2020
Video chats are a great way to hold conversations with users and to present demos. One way to optimize your video chat is to share your screen with other users during the call. Follow along below for a step-by-step walkthrough on how to share your screen during a video chat.
Note: To learn how to set up a video call, check out our article, Video Chats: One-on-One and Group.
1. Booth Exhibitors will receive a notification when someone enters their booth. From there, they can click their name to begin a Video Chat with them. All social lounge panels will also show attendee profiles, so a video chat can be started from there as well. If this option is not enabled, go to Administer > Features and switch Video Call ON.
2. Once all users have joined your Video Chat, you can begin sharing your screen by pressing the green monitor icon on the top right-hand side of your video menu.
Note: If you are on a Chrome browser and have trouble sharing your screen, download the Engagez Screen Share browser extension.
3. This will pull up a panel with options for different screen views you can share. You can share a particular application, your whole desktop, or a specific tab if you are using Chrome. Press the screen to choose it, then click Share.
4. You’ll know the screen share is active by the red screen share icon on the left.
5. If you have a presentation to show others In the call, you can use the Slide Show or Presentation mode on Powerpoint, Google Slides, or a similar presentation application.
6. From an Attendees‘ perspective, the screen will look something like this:
Note: You can also enlarge the screen to fullscreen as well as swap the screen so that the person’s image is larger than their shared screen.
7. To stop sharing, click the Share Screen button again.
Still have questions? Visit the Engagez Support venue or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’ve purchased an implementation package, please contact your implementation representative through Skype or email.